They should start by eating their own cooking.
Take a look at the Google search results for “SEO Madison.”
Get Found Madison has claimed a spot in the “three pack” Google maps results at the top and the #1 organic position just below the maps results for years now.
If we can rank against other SEO companies that do this professionally, we can do it in your industry.
Not sure what you need? We can assess your website rankings and tell you what we advise next.
1. Keyword Research. Find out the most common phrases people use to search for what you offer.
2. Keyword Map. Make sure you have high-quality pages for each product or service you sell. Too many businesses build websites before considering how customers will find their pages.
3. Onsite SEO. Once you have your plan, you need to optimize those individual pages by including your keywords and related phrases on them strategically, all while still writing for actual people. If you’re a local business, your Google My Business (GMB) listing is crucial, too!
4. Technical SEO. People don’t tolerate pages that load slowly! You want your load times to be as close to ~2 seconds as possible. Your site should also be phenomenal on mobile, have no dead ends or missing pages, and be secure with https/SSL.
5. Blogging. Share your industry knowledge to provide value and show you know your stuff. Google loves websites that help answer people’s questions and prove their expertise through actual experience.
6. Earning Backlinks. If your website is an island on the web, then Google takes it less seriously. You want high-authority sites linking to yours to signal your authority. This can be one of the most important factors, yet it’s the most difficult and overlooked because you don’t control it on your website directly.
We’ve worked with all of the below and can help you, too!