Note: Here’s a video covering the same material as this article, in case reading detailed posts isn’t your cup of tea.
Take a moment to think about why your business has a website in the first place. Your site is not a static brochure that you tell people to go look at; it is a lead-generation machine. Your business’s site should be working for you, bringing in leads, and making your job easier (certainly not harder!). So how do you make your website into an effective tool for churning out valuable leads?
That’s where website analytics tools enter the picture. Website analytics can help you make sure that the site is doing its job — bringing in more clients/customers (or donations/volunteers if you are running a nonprofit). Secondly, analytics can help you identify ways to fine-tune your website so that it can do an even better job. Here are some of the questions that analytics can answer for you:
- Is my website working for me and generating leads?
- Where are people falling out of my funnel?
- What can I do to bring them back?
- Which channels are bringing in the most traffic and leads?
- How can I make my website even better?